Tuesday, August 09, 2022 11:29:06
Life on Zoom . Your Audience and You . Video and Audio Production
Individuals and groups welcome. Serving the UK and beyond from East Anglia and London.
Learn, apply and practice proven ways of energising and engaging your audience. Play to your own strengths and exceed their expectations.
Seize the opportunity to feel happy and comfortable on your feet. Or addressing audiences online; the skills required are similar but there are essential differences.
What is it that keeps your audience engaged, energised and enthused? Why is it ALL about them? Why might practice and preparation pay off many times over?
Discover the tried, tested, proven ways so that you too can win on every occasion.
Colin WD McLean
Based in Norwich (Norfolk, UK) he is frequently in London and the South East and travels both nationally and internationally too.
An actor and director from a very early age, he has spent over 50 years in front of, and amongst, audiences of all sorts and sizes.
He claims that the digital world holds no fears.
Find out more about him by following his Social Media links.
- "Colin was fantastic. Very professional and very, very good! "Fiona N, Cambs
- "Colin is a commensurate professional and a solid character. I have recommended him to clients on many occasions and he has always delivered an excellent service. As one of our key resources for confidence and presentational development, I can not recommend Colin highly enough."Robert G, London
- "Very interesting content and highly inspirational delivery."Lewis S, Essex
- "Colin provided thoughtful, practical advice to my colleagues which has propelled them forwards in their online rôles."Claire B, London
- "The one-to-one we had was outstanding. I was genuinely terrified; with his help, I recognise Iʼm now a very competent presenter."Debbie R, London & Sydney
- "Colin presents with a wealth of knowledge but also a great deal of humour. I highly recommend the day."David A, Cambridge
- "In just over one hour Colin taught me more about Zoom and how to give engaging webinars that will get you 5-star reviews than I have learned in over 5 years of using zoom. He is a master of his craft and knows exactly what is needed to delight your audience. His advice is simple, pragmatic and powerful. If you want to be recognized as an excellent presenter, speaker or trainer then I highly recommend coaching with Colin.."Gordon T, Spain
- "We have been working with Colin for many years now. He is excellent to work with, adds value to our projects, delivers quality, is on time, and amenable/open to direction."San B, USA
- "Colin has supported a number of our employees with bespoke one to one presentation skills development and we would recommend Colin to others considering brushing up their skills. Colin is very professional and covers a lot of ground in a short period of time"Suzanne B, HR Dept, London
- "I have been very fortunate to collaborate with Colin on Zoom sessions on numerous occasions. Clear, helpful and engaging, he's always ready to listen attentively and give solid advice based on his solid track record in the Voice Over industry. His experience as a Presentation coach is evident, and when he speaks, you listen to his every word! "Ramesh M, Arona, Canary Islands
- "Colin is very motivational and yet simultaneously has a very calming influence. He has been a mentor for me, always at the end of a phone when needed. He has a unique talent."Justyn Y, Herts
Video and Audio Production
Many a good video is ruined by poor audio.
There are lots of things we can learn and apply to improve our recorded and streaming (think Zoom here) video, and in particular audio.
Be the one in the meeting who people notice, who is audible and who manages to ‘pop’ off that screen.
Advice is to hand.
Focus first on you - learn and rehearse in a safe space, find out what practical things can help you stay comfortably in the spotlight. Then bring your focus on your audience.
They will straight away be wanting more.
Two Introductory PDFs:
Make Sure you are Visible Online ..
and make sure you are
This is simpler than most people fear.
It is also, unquestionably, a skill that everyone can adopt, adapt and make their own.
A little help will get you a long way.
Audio - an Introduction to Body Language (6 mins)
All are now held online. Watch this space for news on Zoom-based events or sign up for updates at email@example.com
Audio Visual Aids
“ .. what I want you to know and .. to remember ..”
Pauses and Repetition
“ .. we all know know what it feels like ..”
Audiences and Timing
“ .. to have a watch that works ..”
Happy and Comfortable
“ .. how people feel on their feet ..”
Preparation and Rehearsal
“ .. my challenge to anyone in business ..”
Nerves and Butterflies
“ .. part of our performance ..”
© Presentation Works Ltd 2022 . Capital House, London, E8 1LL . 020 3302 1812
London and Norwich, Norfolk
Company No. 5704105 registered in England and Wales